The debate about the benefits and dangers of hashtags on Instagram has never stopped. Someone says that this is a great tool for attracting a target audience and increasing brand awareness, someone - that this is a direct path to the shadow ban.
What is the real situation in 2020?
First, let's figure out what hashtags are and how they work. This is a keyword or phrase preceded by a # symbol. When you use it, your post becomes available to people with the same interests, even if they do not follow you.
How does it help in business? Using hashtags will make your posts available to anyone interested in what you write about. Your audience won't be limited to just your existing subscribers. If you choose the right hashtags, you will be able to attract thousands of potential subscribers, "fans" and customers.
Special services will help with this:
- Hashtags Generator Bot. This is a free Telegram bot that will pick up synonymous hashtags based on the principle of associations. The system itself analyzes the most popular hashtags on Instagram and generates a tag cloud.
- Keyword Tool. A good service for selecting the most popular hashtags on Instagram. Here you can select the language of the keywords, as well as set negative keywords. Only part of the top hashtags on Instagram is available in the free version, paid access costs from $ 69 per month.
Another burning question - where to register keywords in a post? Answer: anywhere. Look for detailed instructions in the carousel. For now, a few more important points:
- If you want to hide hashtags from a post, you can add them in the comments below the post. The post will also be shown in the feed for this tag.
- The maximum number of hashtags in a post is 30.
- You can also attach a hashtag to a story, there is a special sticker for this. By clicking on it, you can see all the stories under this hashtag, as well as get yourself into this thematic feed.
- Remember the shadow ban. Insta has a list of prohibited tags - illegal, racist, spam. It is not publicly available. To believe if a hashtag is prohibited, enter the option of interest in the search bar and see if there are any hidden posts on it.